I love Mexican food and these healthy peppers have all those delicious Mexicana flavours!
– 3 cups cooked quinoa
– 2 green chillies
– 1 cup corn kernals
– 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained & rinsed
– 1/2 petite diced tomatoes
– 1/2 cup grated Monterey Jack cheese
– 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
– 3 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
– 1 teaspoon cumin
– 1 teaspoon garlic powder (or crushed garlic clove)
– 1/2 teaspoon onion powder (or chopped onion)
– 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder
– freshly ground pepper and salt to taste
– 6 x bell peppers, tops cut, stemmed & seeded. (Either cut the tops off of and stuff them whole, or you can half them and stuff the halves, whichever takes your fancy!)
1. Preheat oven to 180c. Line a baking dish with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl combine the quinoa, green chillies, corn, beans, tomatoes, cheeses, cilantro, cumin, garlic, onion, and chilli powder, salt and pepper to taste. (Add a little extra cheese on top if you wish).
3. Spoon the filling into each pepper. Place on a prepared baking dish, and bake until the peppers are tender and the filling is heated through, about 25-30 minutes.
They’re full of good plant based proteins so they make an ideal complete meal – delicious!