Is there one thing you can’t live without? Like your life wouldn’t be complete without it? I’d love to hear what it is!
For me it is smoothies – yes, I LOVE them and couldn’t be without them. Why? Because not only are they delicious but they were a big contributor for helping me end the ‘fight’ I had with my body.
For a long time I carried weight around my middle, I had digestive issues, and I had an unsightly bloat that would develop throughout the day. I hated it. It made me miserable.
I was so unhappy with this part of my body that I I’d soothe my sorrow with diving into the fridge. (You can read my full story by clicking here)
Smoothies quite literally changed my life (now I know that sounds dramatic, but it’s true!)
Here are 5 reasons why I love smoothies and how they contributed to banishing the part of my body I hated so much:
- You can get more than your 5-a-day: I’m not a huge fan of eating fruit and vege whole so smoothies allow me to get even more than my 5-a-day and actually enjoy it!
- Like many people I wasn’t chewing my food enough which meant I wasn’t digesting my food properly – nothing chews up our food like a blender. Our gut loves it when it doesn’t have to work so hard to digest our food.
- You can cram in some super foods to make it extra nutritious.
- Have boundless energy that keeps you going all day.
- It diminishes those cravings (secret ingredients for this are: coconut oil, cacao or almond butter).
Smoothies are crammed with goodness and blended so smooth that our body assimilates it beautifully.
I dare you to start your day with a smoothie every day for 5 days and see how you feel.
I bet you’ll feel amazing!
p.s if you lack time to prep in the mornings try chopping up some fruit and veg in batches and placing into small plastic bags (like mine below) for the freezer so you can grab and go. Just had water or some almond milk and you’re good to go!