I made these balls for an event recently and they went down a treat! They’re my ‘go to’ snack for curbing sugar cravings – they have the sweetness of the dates and the chocolate from the cacao (the raw and unprocessed version of cocoa). My children love them too!
What you need:
- 1 cup pitted medjool dates
- 1 cup activated almonds (activated nuts are soaked nuts – this isn’t essential but is much better for our digestion)
- 1/3 cup raw organic cacao powder
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (melted gently if not already liquid)
- 1-2 drops of doTERRA wild orange or peppermint essential oil (optional)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
What you do:
- Soak dates in warm water for 15 minutes to soften.
- Whilst dates are soaking add almonds, cacao, shredded coconut, coconut oil, chia seeds, and essential oil (if using) to processor and mix.
- Add dates and process.
- If mixture is too dry add either a tablespoon of filtered water, or a little bit more coconut oil.
- Let mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll mixture into bite sized balls.
- Roll balls in shredded coconut or cacao if you like.
Store in the fridge (they also freeze well) Enjoy!