One of my boys just LOVES pistachio! (He’s even requested a pistachio cake for his birthday – nothing like a good ol challenge for mummy.) So when I made this smoothie he was in heaven…
Serves 2 small glasses
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, plus more to thin if desired
- 1-2 tablespoons black chia seeds
- 3 whole medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup shelled & roasted pistachios, plus more for topping
- 3 frozen medium + very ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/4 cup coconut yoghurt (I use the Yoyo brand)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Place all the ingredients into a blender (don’t forget to set aside extra pistachio for the topping) and blend, I like to whizz it up for a good few minutes until it’s really smooth.
If it’s too thick, add a little extra almond milk to thin. Sprinkle with the extra pistachio and enjoy!