Crumbles not only make a great warming dessert but they’re also a great way for using up fruit from the fridge which is on the cusp of it’s sell-by-date, so grab that fruit because this one is delicious and EASY PEASY to make!
What you need:
– 1 mug wholegrain spelt flour, plus 1 tbsp for filling
– 1 mug gluten-free oats (you can also use regular oats)
– 1/4 mug pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and chopped up walnuts (this is optional but I love the nuttiness!)
– pinch of himalayan salt (or sea salt)
– 1/2 mug raw cane sugar, plus 1 tbspn to go over fruit (this is an unprocessed version of refined processed sugars and is a great alternative)
– 1 mug cold butter, cubed
– 6 mugs fruit cut into chunks
– a splash of brandy (optional but nice!)
– a pinch of ground cinnamon & ginger
What to do:
– Preheat oven to 200c/Gas 6.
– For the topping, mix flour, oats, sugar, salt. Rub in butter until it resembles breadcrumbs.
– tumble the fruit, tbspn sugar, spice and brandy (if using) into the baking dish, and mix. Spoon over tbsp flour and mix again. Cover with the topping.
– Pop in the oven for approx. 25-30 minutes.
SERVE WITH A DOLLOP OF ICE CREAM & ENJOY!