It’s no secret that I absolutely LOVE essential oils. I use them every day in our home for all our health and wellbeing needs.
Essential oils are nature’s medicine. They are incredibly powerful without all the side effects associated with pharmaceuticals. The uses and benefits of essential oils are endless.
I want to share with you some of the oils from the very first kit I started with, the Home Essentials kit, and my favourite ways to use them.
The Home Essentials kit includes 15ml bottles of Frankincense, Lavender, Lemon, Peppermint, Melaleuca, Oregano, Breathe, DigestZen, On Guard, and a 5ml bottle of Deep Blue. Each 15ml bottle holds approximately 250 drops.
With the purity of doTERRA’s essential oils a little goes a long way. For example, 1 drop of peppermint can be used to relieve a headache (1 drop of peppermint makes 28 cups of tea, amazing!) 1 drop of Deep Blue can be used to relieve back pain and 1 drop of Lavender can be used to help with sleep.
But you know what I really love about these oils? Each oil is sourced from it’s natural habitat which not only enhances the quality of the oil but often these habitats are in developing countries so every drop of oil helps towards changing the lives of the growers and harvesters.
Lavender: for calming and stress reduction
- This oil is sourced from the Lavender harvests in France.
- It relieves stress, anxiety and insomnia.
- You can use it aromatically (diffuse or inhale), or massage it onto the skin.
- It takes the pain out of a bee sting by applying it on the location.
- You can use it to soothe skin irritations and burns by applying it on the location.
- It can be used with Lemon and Peppermint to relieve allergies.
Lemon: for cleansing and mood elevation
- The Lemon is sourced from Italy.
- It is a natural antioxidant and detoxifies.
- You can add 1-2 drops to a glass of water for a cleansing effect and to flush out toxins (I highly recommend this instead of lemon juice in your water because it’s gentle on the teeth, unlike the acidity in juice that can chip away at the enamel).
- It is a natural cleansing agent and stain remover.
- It can be used to remove the smells from laundry.
- It elevates your mood.
Peppermint: for indigestion and cooling
- This oil is sourced from Washington, USA.
- Helps relieve headaches – apply on temples, forehead, or back of neck.
- Calming to an upset stomach – take in a capsule or apply to the stomach with a carrier oil like coconut oil.
- Helps increase energy – diffuse and inhale.
- Cooling – place a couple of drops in your hand, rub both hands together and place hands on the back of your neck, and wait for the cooling effect.
- Helps with concentration and is helpful taken before an exam or stressful situation.
Melaleuca: for soothing, cleansing and healing skin
- This oil is sourced from Australia.
- It can be used as a first aid ointment – apply on location.
- For sore throats one drop on the tip of your tongue or gargled with water.
- Use for skin irritations – apply on location.
- Beneficial for hair and scalp – add to shampoo or conditioner.
- It’s a natural cleansing agent and stain remover.
- It can be used to remove smells from laundry.
Oregano: for immune support (warning: this is a hot oil so it’s not to be applied directly to the skin)
- Oregano is sourced from Turkey
- Naturally supports the immune system – take several drops in a capsule for periodic immune system boosts.
- Works as a natural defence against cold, flu, throat infection and yeast infection – apply to the bottom of feet with a carrier oil like coconut or almond oil.
- Used for wart and skin tag removal.
- Excellent for cooking – add 1 drop to your pizza base!
Frankincense: for inflammation, depression, and much more
- This oil is sourced from both Oman and Somalia.
- Frankincense enhances the benefits of all other oils.
- Helps reduce inflammation – apply on location or take internally.
- For anxiety or depression apply one drop on the tip of the tongue, and a drop behind the ears and at the back of the neck.
- Diffuse or place on hands and inhale.
- Helps relieve headaches and migraines – apply with peppermint and lavender.
- Supports immune function – massage on feet or take internally.
- Perfect accompaniment for meditation or spiritual practice.
- Frankincense is also known as the oil ‘if in doubt, use franki!’
Deep Blue: for muscle and joint health
- Helps relieve muscle and joint pain – apply on location.
- Contains Blue Tansy and Helichrysum, which can help support long-term muscle joint and bone healing.
- Apply to muscles and joints before and after working out.
- Sinus pressure and congestion – rub on back of neck.
- Also good for migraines along with Lavender and Frankincense on temples and back of the neck.
Breathe: for respiratory support
- This oil is a blend of: Eucalyptus, Laurel Leaf, Lemon, Melaleuca, Peppermint, and Ravensara.
- Relaxes the body and mind – diffuse at bedtime along with Lavender for a more restful sleep.
- Use during allergy season – apply to the chest area to help clear the lungs and sinuses of congestion.
- Ideal for those with asthma – diffuse and inhale, apply to the chest and sinuses.
- For anxiety apply to chest area to enable deep and calmer breathing.
Digestzen: for natural digestive support
- Digestzen is a blend of: Anise, Caraway, Coriander, Fennel, Ginger, Peppermint, and Tarragon.
- Relieves digestive discomforts such as food poisoning, acid reflux, vomiting bug, nausea, constipation or diarrhea – apply to the stomach area (or bottoms of the feet for children) or take internally.
- Whether it’s diarrhea or constipation, this clever oil will figure it out and help the body restore its balance.
On Guard: for natural immune defence
- On Guard is a blend of: Cinnamon, Clove, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, and Wild Orange.
- Stops the growth of viruses and bacteria – diffuse and/or apply on location or bottoms of feet.
- Contains oils shown to inhibit MRSA (antibiotic-resistant staph bacteria).
- Helps kill airborne pathogens.
- Helps knock out colds, sore throats, and fevers – swallow one drop in a glass of water or take in a capsule.
- Diffuse in house or office to stop spread of germs.
- Apply to bottoms of the feet every night to boost immunity.
If you’re ready to take control and empower you and your family with pure essential oils, then the Home Essentials kit is the best value kit. You not only get all the oils listed above but you also receive the pretty Petal diffuser too.
To purchase your Home Essentials kit and become a wholesale member today (which gives you 25% off all future orders) then just Click Here for some simple steps that will walk you through the process. Or, if you’d prefer me to set this up for you, simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’d be happy to help.
Don’t worry, you won’t be left with your kit wondering ‘what do I do now?’ I will provide you with all the information you need, plus you’ll get to join our Private Facebook Group where you’ll get all the support you need!