They’re just pretty smells right? Yes, essential oils can smell amazing but that’s not why the world’s going mad for them right now. They can have incredible health benefits for us physically, mentally and emotionally.
There are 3 ways to use essential oils, aromatically, internally, or topically. Aromatically through a diffuser is my absolute favourite, here are 7 reasons why:
- It cleanses and purifies the air (air fresheners mask odours and leave synthetic chemicals in the air).
- It’s the fastest way to reach our limbic system in our brain which controls our memory, emotions, blood pressure, and heart rate – breathing in a pure plant oil with no synthetics or fillers has a powerful effect on the brain.
- It boosts our immunity.
- It can change the vibe in your home from cranky to harmonious.
- Everyone in the room benefits from the therapeutic qualities.
- It helps with relaxation and sleep.
- Helps ease breathing.
So there you have it, 7 great reasons to consider diffusing in your home! Once you start, you will fall in love with the simplicity and effectiveness of using essential oils in this way. We certainly have, we diffuse every day (and often through the night) for a variety of reasons.
Toxins and chemicals are so prevalent in our society today that using and diffusing pure essential oils is one of the best things we can do for our health.
My two favourite diffusers are Made By Zen which can be found on Amazon, and the Petal diffuser from doTERRA which you can purchase here.
Using a diffuser is one thing, but the type of essential oil you use in your diffuser is key for achieving true health benefits.
If you’re ready to start diffusing in your home and you would like some help choosing some essential oils (and a diffuser if needed) that are best suited for your needs, then simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘help me choose’ in the subject line and I will be in touch.
Much love and happy diffusing!